See how I'm blogging instead of showering? Gah! Completely horrible, but tonight is the night people might actually need an easy idea to get them pumped (or at the very least keep them from being horribly depressed) about going back to the classroom tomorrow. We all love children, but we also love sleeping in and sipping our coffee leisurely, all while going to the bathroom anytime we want for two whole weeks! Sometimes that first day back can be brutal.
2. Have students share the 3-5 most important or exciting words from their list.
3. Now pass out the paper (I like white) and have the kidlets write those 3-5 words nice and big in PENCIL.
4. After the big words, have students fill in the rest of the page with the other words on their list.
5. Have students cut out around the words and voila! They have a word cloud!
6. Now they can trace their many words in color and even color the background or draw a cloud shape around their words.
7. Wanna get fancy? Have students share their word clouds with partners around the room.