Sunday, March 9, 2014

Olivia Costume and More - Getting Ready for Book Character Day

I promised my husband if I bought this cute red dress I would wear it over and over again.  So, not only is Olivia the pig my favorite Halloween costume, it will now be my go-to March is Reading Month character costume too.  Want your own Olivia costume?  Here's all you need to do:

Step 1: The Dress
I don't sew, but I am an avid online shopper.  Pretty sure any red dress will do, but I saw this one on ModCloth and fell in love.  The dress is called Looking to Tomorrow.  Just type it in a search and it should come right up!
Looking to Tomorrow Dress in Rouge - Mid-length, Red, White, Solid, Peter Pan Collar, Casual, Vintage Inspired, A-line, Short Sleeves, Exposed zipper, Party, Scholastic/Collegiate, Collared, Fit & Flare

Step 2: Ears
This was actually much easier than I thought it would be and it's a good thing because I left the ears in Colorado when I moved to Michigan so I'll be making a new Olivia headband.  

All you need is a headband (mine was 1 inch and covered with black fabric), 2 pieces of medium thick fun foam, and a glue gun.  Cut out two football shapes (one end pointed, one end flat) in the fun foam and do some folding until the ears look like you want.  Then glue.  Easy!  

Step 3: Tights
There is no such thing as ONE size fits all.  I am 5'2" and the tights I found at Target were so short they were falling off all day.  I was waddling around trying to keep them on before I even got to school, but you can't tell in the pictures, so that's all that really matters.  

I'm hoping this year I'll have better luck with these.  I just ordered them on Amazon.

Grab a book, maybe even a little Olivia stuffed animal and you're all set!  Years and years of Halloweens and March is Reading months are covered!    
 
Don't want to be a pig?  Here are my darling teammates in their book character garb:

Lily from Lily's Purple Plastic Purse

Pinkalicious
Look at these darling shoes!  Perfect and comfy!


Are you dressing up this month?  I need to wear my Olivia dress a few more times to make it worth the money, but I'm always looking for some cute new dress up ideas!

6 comments:

  1. You look adorable! I'm sure your students loved your outfit :)
    Mrs.
    Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...